Drupal is an open source content management platform powering more than 1% of the internet. The WhiteHouse, Mariah Carey, and The Economist use Drupal. Everyone's doing it with Drupal, and in a great many cases, you should too! Drupal empowers you to update and maintain your own web site. It also allows us to customize your site beyond belief, and to do so quickly, given the massive, worldwide community contributing code for all to use. Sound like what you're looking for?
With our consulting group, Origin Eight, we can take a site from wire framing to design to development, and can work with your budget to provide top-quality and efficiency while keeping the site scope realistic and targeted to your needs. We provide Drupal project management, and do best when guiding entire projects from start to finish.
Through the incredible power of Aegir hosting technology we can create a working web site on any of the following Drupal-based platforms for only $250, including the (optional) setup of a theme of your choice. We can then help you develop and customize your site further, if you'd like, and can even manage security updates for modules on an ongoing basis (for a low fee). Additional hosting fees apply.
Acquia Commons — Create an online community.
CiviCRM — Constituent relationship management for advocates, non-profits, and NGOs.
Commerce Kickstart — Kickstart your online e-commerce shop.
Conference — A web site for conferences.
Managing News — News and data aggregation.
NodeStream — Create a newspaper or magazine site.
Open Atrium — Your own team collaboration hub.
Open Enterprise — A complete web presence solution for small- to mid- sized organizations.
OpenChurch — A web site for churches and ministries.
OpenPublic — A site tailored to the needs of government.
OpenScholar — A web presence for an academic community.
ProsePoint — A newspaper and magazine content management system.
Videola — Create your own paid- or free- access video website serving video to desktop, mobile or TV.
Sample price quote
Below is a breakdown of charges.
* $250 for spinning up the initial site with any module/theme installations you'd need (we could do bulk pricing for spinning up multiple sites, if you'd need that).
* $35/month for hosting on our high-performance hosting solution (http://sethoriontech.com/hosting) for low amounts of authenticated user traffic. $65/month for a site with higher amounts of authenticated user traffic (i.e. a social networking site or a site where users are creating, editing, and deleting content in high frequency, and/or logged in while browsing the site). Depending on the scale of your solution, $35/month might be just fine. Soon we are planning to install New Relic to help us profile sites and adapt to fair, finer-grained pricing model based on the site's load on our servers and its consumption of resources....but we have the option for you to lock in a pricing structure and a discount by paying for service farther into the future (i.e. a multi-month package, yearly package, etc).
* $75/month for site/module maintenance: We follow security advisories for you, so that, when released and relevant to your platform, we do a staging -> production upgrade for the core or the module (wherever the vulnerability is), where we "stage" and test the upgrade via a technology called Aegir, before we actually perform the upgrade on the live site.)
* $85/hour for support & maintenance: If you need customizations to your Managing News platform (for example if we hit a performance bottleneck with the way you implemented channel access restrictions in Managing News, and you'd like us to fix that -- that would be billable hourly. Also, if a module or core upgrade breaks your site in any way (when found in staging, or if it somehow slips unnoticed into production), that is not included in the support package -- if you'd like us to fix that, that is also billed hourly). We can of course implement the channel access restrictions for you, too. If you have a project greater than, say, 10 hours of work, we can set up an estimate for this, too.
This pricing structure allows us to adapt to unknowns and manage risk, given the smaller size of our business. You can pay a lot more money for companies like Acquia to do this, and get a flat fee...but their services are often out of the scope, price range, and needs of many individuals and businesses, hence the "boutique" nature of our services.
Wed, 11/14/2012 - 21:39
Tue, 11/06/2012 - 17:46
Fri, 11/02/2012 - 21:00
Tue, 10/30/2012 - 16:30
Wed, 10/10/2012 - 19:59
- seth linked to Web Site Performance Test: Measure Web Performance Instantly 7:59pm#